Moldex® Mold & Mildew Killer

Kills Mold & Mildew. Inhibits the Growth of Mold & Mildew.
Fungicide, Mildewstat, Virucide*, Deodorizer and Disinfectant.

Moldex® Mold Killer is an EPA registered (3-in-1) cleaner designed to KILL, CLEAN, and INHIBIT the growth of mold & mildew. It quickly removes dirt, grime, mold, mildew, food residue, and other organic matter commonly found in homes, basements, attics, walls, kitchens and bathrooms. It destroys and neutralizes mold, mildew and their odors at their source. It is not a masking agent or general purpose stain remover. It’s bleach-free, phosphate free, non-abrasive disinfectant mold killer that can be used on most washable surfaces.

Applications: Kitchens, Bathrooms, Floors, Sinks, Showers, Garbage Cans, Fiberglass, Counters, Countertops, Tubs, Tile, Walls, Woodwood, Metal, Upholstery, Vinyl, Plastic, Stainless Steel, Granite, Campers, Cars, Boats, Hospitals, Schools, and Office Buildings.


Spray soiled area then wipe clean. Repeat for heavily soiled areas.


Preclean prior to disinfection. Spray 6 - 8 inches from surface, until surfaces are thoroughly wet. Do not breathe spray. Treated surfaces must remain wet for 1 minute for disinfection against bacteria. Follow virucidal or Fungicidal directions when using as a virucidal or fungicidal agent. Wipe dry with a clean cloth, sponge, mop or allow to air dry. Food contact surfaces must be rinsed with potable water after disinfection. Do not use on utensils, glassware and dishes.


Follow disinfection directions for application instructions. Treated surfaces must remain wet for 10 minutes for Herpes Simplex Type 2 and 60 seconds [1 minute] for Influenza A / Hong Kong.


Moldex® Mold Killer effectively inhibits the growth of mold and mildew and the odors caused by them when applied to hard, nonporous surfaces. Follow disinfection instructions. Allow to air dry on surface. Repeat when mildew growth returns.


Moldex® Mold Killer is an effective fungicide against Trichophyton mentagrophytes (the Athlete’s Foot Fungus) (A Cause of Ringworm) in areas such as locker rooms, dressing rooms, shower and bath areas, exercise facilities, health clubs and spas. Follow disinfection directions for application instructions. Treated surfaces must remain wet for 10 minutes.
Note: Refer to product label for additional directions for use, a full list of pathogens, and safety information.

Safety Data Sheet:

Mold Killer SDS

Does this product kill mold & mildew?

Yes. Moldex® Mold Killer is effective against a broad spectrum of bacteria, is virucidal*, fungicidal, and inhibits the growth of mildew and their odors when used as directed.

Does this product have bleach in it?

No. Moldex® Mold Killer is an EPA registered quaternary ammonium solution. Quaternary ammonium chlorides, or “quats,” are noncorrosive, making them gentler on equipment and surfaces. Bleach (active ingredient Sodium Hypochloride) is very effective in removing the discoloration caused by mold, but may leave the microflora that enables the mold to grow.

Does Moldex® Mold Killer remove mold stains?

Yes & No. Mold & Mildew, if left untreated, can result in deeply embedded ugly black mold stains. In some cases, it will remove the stain. In other cases, a more aggressive stain remover will be required. Moldex® Mold Killer is a great cleaner that delivers non-acid cleaning performance. It removes dirt, grease, grime, food stains, soap scum, fingerprints, crayon / pencil marks and heel marks, but it does NOT contain bleach or whitening agents. If difficult mold stains are present, we recommend using one of our stain removers. Non-Bleach - Non-Bleach Stain Remover or Bleach-based - Instant Mold & Mildew Stain Remover.

What surfaces can I use this product on? Can it be used outdoors?

This formula was approved by the EPA for use on a variety of surfaces. For a complete list of EPA approved surfaces, you can view them here.

Features / Benefits

  • Kills Mold & Mildew
  • Inhibits the Growth of Mold & Mildew
  • Cleans, Disinfects and Deodorizes
  • EPA Registered
  • Bleach-Free
  • Contains No Phosphates
  • Leaves a Clean Fresh Scent
  • Kills Household Germs
  • Non-Scratch Formula
  • Hospital Grade Disinfectant

Similar Products

Disinfectant (Concentrate)
Makes 32 Gallons

It cleans, disinfects, and deodorizes surfaces by killing odor-causing microorganisms and prevents the growth of mold and mildew

  • 11 E. Hawthorn Parkway
    Vernon Hills, illinois 60061
  •   Toll Free: 1.877.463.2628
  •   Contact Us

Our Story...

We were tired of cleaning only to watch it grow back. It seemed to be a never-ending. Why? What makes mold grow back? Why can't you get rid of it? Once we figure it out, we wanted to share it with the world. We set out to change the way people view mold & mildew... Read more